Hamitup not working - purchased June 2013

wec...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2013, 10:46:06 AM7/9/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
I have a brand new Upconverter that isn't working.

I find that on the Osc dip socket, pin 1 is grounded permanently (according to my DVOM).   Looking at the schematic, I see that pin 1 is an OSC Enable, and is tied to IC8.
If I lift leg #1 of the oscillator so that it FLOATS,  I then get 125MHz output on pin #5, but otherwise no upconversion.

In any case, even if the oscillator is running, I see no 125MHz at IC8 (pin 4) or R2 (input to the attenuator / filter) on my oscilloscope.

I suspect that there is a manufacturing defect around either X1 or IC8.

Please advise as this unit is brand new.

Greg Weremey - Electronic Service Pros.

Opendous

Jul 15, 2013, 2:00:08 PM7/15/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
> pin 1 is grounded permanently
> I see no 125MHz at IC8 (pin 4) or R2 (input to the
> attenuator / filter) on my oscilloscope.

It sounds like the enable signal is stuck at Low/GND/0 which could also be an issue with the toggle switch or IC5, the path selection signal buffer IC.

Try toggling the switch and check the center pin with your DVOM to see if it switches between 0V and 3.3V.  If the switch works correctly then please contact NooElec for an RMA.