USB-B USB jack

Larry Van Horn

Dec 30, 2014, 5:13:25 PM12/30/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
I the proud owner of a shiny new Ham It Up v1.2 - RF Upconverter. Video indicates I need to be "Powered by common USB-B USB for a multitude of power options" OK so how do I power up my converter. Is this another plug-in to a USB port on my computer via a USB-B mini? Voltage. What is the best and easiest way to power this converter?

Larry

Opendous Incorporated

Jan 8, 2015, 2:09:08 AM1/8/15
to Larry Van Horn, open...@googlegroups.com
Yes, just plug it into a USB port on your computer.

To reduce noise you could try running it off an external USB
charging supply, or battery power or wall wart USB. Start with the
basic USB to computer and then see if noise reduction is possible
using external isolated power supplies.

If your setup works, then noise reduction makes sense.