Check-In: Changing Names

Stephen Lawrence

Dec 22, 2012, 12:30:07 PM12/22/12
to opendocman...@googlegroups.com
I have added a change to the develop branch which removes the filename-check. This will allow you to check-in a file when the filename has changed (ex. filename[1].pdf). The only issue with this new change is that since we use FileID for everything, all access log entries, file history downloads, etc. will all be re-named to the new filename. It would be better to create a more elegant way of handling this so the prior file-name could be kept in the history, and the access_log entries.

Any ideas?

Steve

Phillip Jackson

May 23, 2013, 10:27:04 AM5/23/13
to opendocman...@googlegroups.com
Not 100% sure how to go about it right now, just typing out some thoughts - but maybe have a workflow for uploading a new version of a file?

- User has just completely rewrote a document or a new version of a document is given to them to process or add to the system.
- User opens details view of the file that this new one will replace
- User clicks a link titled something like, "Upload New Version" or something similar.
- On the back-end have a new query written that would upload the document to the correct table, maintaining the same doc name and id, that would also increment the version of this document by 1 (ex. from v1.0 to v2.0).

Still not 100% familiar with the DB of this product yet, so I am not sure if there is a version control system currently in place.

Stephen Lawrence

May 23, 2013, 4:26:22 PM5/23/13
to opendocman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phillip,

I think you are referring to the current Check-in/Check-out process.

Steve