Import from jpg

zorglups mailing

May 7, 2014, 3:15:28 AM5/7/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just bought a new printer that can scan to a folder without needing a computer to be running.
This is easy so I batch scan all my documents to an incomming folder then, in a second phase, later on, when time, I import those documents.

I choose to scan to jpeg so that the computer that will run openDias and import the jpeg will do the OCR while creating a PDF-A file.
It is also faster to create a jpeg from the printer/scanner and the quality of the jpeg is much higher than the quality of the PDF-A that the printer would have created.

My question is about multi page.
When a multi page is scanned to jpeg by my printer, several files are created.
example of a 3 pages document: SCAN_000005.jpg SCAN_000005_2.jpg SCAN_000005_3.jpg

Will openDias manage such multi jpeg sequence ?

Thanks,

Pierre