Problem building opendias 0.6.4

Philipp

Dec 29, 2011, 1:31:15 AM12/29/11
to openDIAS
Hi,

opendias looks promising, but I can't build it on my OpenSuSE 11.4
system. When I do "./configure && make" I get the following error:

web_handler.c: In function ‘accessChecks’:
web_handler.c:247:40: error: ‘struct sockaddr’ has no member named
‘sin_family’
web_handler.c:248:36: error: ‘struct sockaddr’ has no member named
‘sin_family’
web_handler.c:248:71: error: ‘struct sockaddr’ has no member named
‘sin_addr’

Any ideas?

Thanks

Philipp

Wayne Booth

Dec 29, 2011, 7:14:03 AM12/29/11
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp,

You've come across a known problem with the 0.6.4 release. The problem is that the method call to get the server name has been deprecated, and since removed by some newer distros.

The good new is that the method call has been replaced in the latest opendias. You therefore have a choice. You can either build from the latest source https://github.com/clearscene/opendias/
or, you can wait for the 0.7 release, which is due 'shortly'.

Let me know what you choose and how you get on.

Cheers.
Wayne

Wayne Booth

Jan 10, 2012, 5:32:52 PM1/10/12