Obama's Human Rights Opportunity

1 peržiūra
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

James

neskaityta,
2008-12-10 05:44:022008-12-10
kam: Jim
By Jimmy Carter
Wednesday, December 10, 2008; Page A25

The advancement of human rights around the world was a cornerstone of foreign policy and U.S. leadership for decades, until the attacks on our country on Sept. 11, 2001.

Since then, while Americans continue to espouse freedom and democracy, our government's abusive practices have undermined struggles for freedom in many parts of the world. As the gross abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay were revealed, the United States lost its mantle as a champion of human rights, eliminating our national ability to speak credibly on the subject, let alone restrain or gain concessions from oppressors. Tragically, a global backlash against democracy and rights activists, who are now the targets of abuse, has followed.

Read Rest Here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/09/AR2008120902776.html

How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans
safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as
Americans.

lew

neskaityta,
2008-12-10 08:21:292008-12-10
kam: Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
James:

Obama has a HUGE HUMAN RIGHTS OPPORTUNITY in the city of Chicago where
he has spent the last 20 or so years of his life.

1. Chicgo has the highest murder rate of any U.S. city. What has
obama done to enable more people in Chicago to escape being
MURDERED???

2. Chicago has one of the e\most expensive school systems in the
United Staes and one of the worst student achievement records in the
United States. WHAT HAS BARACK OBAN DONE TO HELP CHICAGO CHILDREN
LEARN in keeping with learning achievenment in other parts of the
United States???????

Oh. By the way:

Where are you going to move the Guantanamo prisoners?

Nobody wants them.

2. How about 5 of those "Innocent prisoners" admitting their gulilt
and consdidering demanding to be executed???

On Dec 10, 5:44�am, James <starj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> By Jimmy Carter
> Wednesday, December 10, 2008;
> Page A25
>
> The advancement of human rights around the world was a cornerstone of
> foreign policy and U.S. leadership for decades, until the attacks on
> our country on Sept. 11, 2001.
>
> Since then, while Americans continue to espouse freedom and
> democracy, our government's abusive practices have undermined struggles
> for freedom in many parts of the world. As the gross abuses at Abu
> Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay were revealed, the United States lost its
> mantle as a champion of human rights, eliminating our national ability
> to speak credibly on the subject, let alone restrain or gain
> concessions from oppressors. Tragically, a global backlash against
> democracy and rights activists, who are now the targets of abuse, has
> followed.
>
> Read Rest Here:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/09/AR200...
>
> How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans
> �safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as
> �Americans. � �

jimstaro

neskaityta,
2008-12-10 08:58:102008-12-10
kam: Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
little torture lover lew, Educate One Self As To 'Community
Organizer' , and your Dumb Ass, an Accepter Of The cheney/bush Cabal
Against Human Rights, Your Own Included, Writes An Idiotic, Immature
and Totally Ignorant Reply!!!

Great job 'mr educator', you freakin simpleton!!!

jimstaro

neskaityta,
2008-12-10 09:40:592008-12-10
kam: Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
Hey, 'torture lovin lew, Read:

Obama’s Effort on Ethics Bill Had Role in Governor’s Fall
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us/politics/10chicago.html?em

In a sequence of events that neatly captures the contradictions of
Barack Obama’s rise through Illinois politics, a phone call he made
three months ago to urge passage of a state ethics bill indirectly
contributed to the downfall of a fellow Democrat he twice supported,
Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us/politics/10chicago.html?em

I'll bet the 'american stinker' nor 'townhall' has the Real
News!!!!!!!!!

On Dec 10, 8:21 am, lew <lewc...@aol.com> wrote:

lew

neskaityta,
2008-12-10 10:12:072008-12-10
kam: Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
Where was that bill years ago when he was a state senator????

On Dec 10, 9:40 am, jimstaro <starj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, 'torture lovin lew, Read:
>
> Obama’s Effort on Ethics Bill Had Role in Governor’s Fallhttp://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us/politics/10chicago.html?em
> > > Americans.- Hide quoted text -

Phana24JG

neskaityta,
2008-12-10 17:08:522008-12-10
kam: Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
Since Blago has been under a cloud since 2004 and was named in Chicago
Tribune in June of 2005, and by mid 2006 was obviously going to be
indicted, a bill passed three months ago had NO bearing on the arrest.

On Dec 10, 9:40 am, jimstaro <starj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, 'torture lovin lew, Read:
>
> Obama’s Effort on Ethics Bill Had Role in Governor’s Fallhttp://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us/politics/10chicago.html?em
Atsakyti visiems