Obama's war crimes begin

lew

Jan 24, 2009, 2:22:56 PM1/24/09
to Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
americanthinker.com
Clarice Feldman

Congressman Conyers and the loony left have been pushing for war
crimes show trials of the prior administration. At the same time,
President Obama has issued a fluffy, means-nothing executive order on
closing Guantanamo, accepted the prior Administration's view on the
legitimacy of its wiretapping program and has continued drone
incursions over the wild Jihadi areas of Pakistan.

Conyers may have to expand his hearings to cover the new
Administration because the claims of improper actions continue
unabated:

KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. coalition in Afghanistan opened an
investigation into an overnight raid early Saturday that American
commanders say killed 15 armed militants but that two Afghan officials
say killed 11 civilians.

A detailed U.S. statement said multiple teams of militants fired on
the coalition forces during a raid against a Taliban commander early
Saturday in the eastern province of Laghman. The U.S. said a woman
carrying a rocket-propelled grenade was among the 15 killed.

"We know the people who were killed were shooting at us," said Col.
Greg Julian, the top U.S. spokesman in Afghanistan. "The people who
were killed today were running around, maneuvering against our forces,
and we killed them."

But Sayed Ahmad Safi, the spokesman for Laghman's governor, said that
government intelligence reports indicated 11 of the dead were
civilians, including three children and two females. Two of the dead
were militants, he said.[/quote]

Probably another "wedding party" and nevermind all the secondary
explosions in the tent holding the presents.

Ultra...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2009, 1:51:48 AM1/25/09
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com
So, just which side is one suppose to believe, accept as true or pass on as some sort of fact?...The only thing for certain, it seems, in this article, is the point that a number of folks were killed, terrorists or innocent or a combination of the two...uk1

From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.

Wardencliff

Jan 25, 2009, 12:04:32 PM1/25/09
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com
So by saying that Obama has war crimes beginning that would indicate that there was Bush war crimes that precluded his.So then maybe if the "Low Information" people are going to go after crimes that haven't yet been commited then perhaps we should tell congress to go after the ones that have.Great Idea!The "Low Information"screeds at American Stinker and those who parrott their spew need to start to have sex with their own species rather with others,perhaps then they could think more clearly.

lyn...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2009, 4:10:51 PM1/25/09
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com
I havie been thinking about this "witch hunt" business for quite a while. I think at this moment Obama has the right idea - we need to move forward. I am relieved that he is listening to economists from both sides who are agreed that the demand side of the equaition needs a little help, and the calculations of the multipliers indicate that we will be much better off contrinuting to the demand side that continuing to make tax cuts.  We do need to focus on solving the problems we are living with - and to get the country mobilized to figure out how we will pay for this additional government, wars, etc. For the moment, I am content.

The only positive thing I think of (so far) that would support the need for a witch hunt is the other part of the reality.  I have never seen a time in hisotry when the facts (deregulation is good) and the ideology are so far apart that no one can see the facts.  The fact is that the middle and lower classes have been in deep recession since 2003. Would a properly conducted (read NOT INCOMPETENT B---B Ken Starr style invesdtigation of the facts help people to "get" what really happened? That ;aissez-faire ca;pitalism is brutal? That the piper has to be paid? That demand is at least half of equilibrium? Ideas?

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM, lew <lew...@aol.com> wrote:

americanthinker.com
Clarice Feldman

Congressman Conyers and the loony left have been pushing for war
crimes show trials of the prior administration. At the same time,
President Obama has issued a fluffy, means-nothing executive order on
closing Guantanamo, accepted the prior Administration's view on the
legitimacy of its wiretapping program and has continued drone
incursions over the wild Jihadi areas of Pakistan.

Which stars will make the biggest headlines in 2009? Get Hollywood news, celebrity photos and more with the PopEater Toolbar.

Boldsaber

Jan 25, 2009, 4:32:07 PM1/25/09
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com

I agree with you partially.  The past 8 years have been one long session of witch hunt after witch hunt TO THE detriment of the nation as a whole.  Yet, there are some who are demanding that the witch hunt continue, but only on Bush and his administration, meanwhile there is “open” evidence of, at the least, incompetence, and more accurately open corruption by members of the opposition party during those years which have greatly led us to the financial disaster in which we find ourselves today.  Franks, Dodd come immediately to mind.

Meanwhile there are critical issues which MUST be addressed and to continue the witch hunts against the previous administration when there is serious rationale for such to be started against the present administration will only worsen the status of the nation and diminish it’s future.  As of 20 January 2009, all issues became the sole property and responsibility of the Obama administration.  What is important today is what that administration does about the issues at hand, not what the previous administration did or didn’t do.  To waste time and valuable resources in frivolous attempts to find something, anything to fry those in power today is unacceptable, just as it was during the previous 8 years.

I think that I will personally attempt to  just ignore and consider references back to what Clinton did (and I did indeed detest that man) and to what Bush did as the pure bleating of those with a deranged prioritization of issues which must be addressed and therefore of no value at all.

Tom

Board Member - Eagles Up

Member - Veterans for Freedom

Visit Pro Troop Events for the latest information http://www.protroopevents.com/
Visit Pro Troop Events/V-I for the best event gear http://www.cafepress.com/protroopevents
Pro Troops Tube (the Un YouTube) http://www.protroopstube.com/index.php

www.eaglesup.us

This We'll Defend!!!   Army Strong

FFE61ABD7B7846B3BFE3503BFCB7271B@YOUR935688D1DF

lyn...@aol.com

Boldsaber

Jan 25, 2009, 5:35:08 PM1/25/09
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com

And yet, Lew’s recent post about subpoena’s of some of Obama’s staff and his associates should also raise a few eyebrows.