Unkown projection of a shapefile from Opendata Palermo

Patrick Hausmann

Jun 25, 2016, 4:34:26 AM6/25/16
to opendatasicilia
Ciao a tutti,

I would like to match the "incidenti stradali" csv-file [1] with the
shapefile PERIMETRAZIONE QUARTIERI STORICI DEL COMUNE [2].

The csv-file has lat/long, but the shapefile comes without a
projection-file. Does anyone know the projection? I'm 100% sure Andy
does... :)

I don't want to try each .prj from here:
http://spatialreference.org/ref/?search=italy&srtext=Search :)

Grazie mille!!!
Patrick

[1] https://www.comune.palermo.it/opendata_dld.php?id=375
[2] https://www.comune.palermo.it/opendata_dld.php?id=268

andy

Jun 25, 2016, 5:05:14 AM6/25/16
to opendatasicilia
Dear Patrick,

Il giorno 25 giugno 2016 10:34, Patrick Hausmann <patrick....@covimo.de> ha scritto:
I would like to match the "incidenti stradali" csv-file [1] with the shapefile PERIMETRAZIONE QUARTIERI STORICI DEL COMUNE [2].

The csv-file has lat/long, but the shapefile comes without a projection-file. Does anyone know the projection? I'm 100% sure Andy does... :)

there is a lack of info in the source file, because in a shapefile data it's necessary always to include a .prj file. It contains the projection info, but ComuneDiPalermo does not have inserted it in the zip file. I will write again (I think it's the third time for this file) to comune open data people.

The EPSG code for this projection is 3004. Make me know if you need more details.

Buona giornata,

patrick.hausmann

Jun 25, 2016, 6:05:38 AM6/25/16
to opendatasicilia