Philly Property Assessment Data Inaccessible

Naili Ding

Mar 11, 2020, 10:36:20 PM3/11/20
to Open Data Philly

Hello Everyone,

After sending this query based API, the response was never sent back. I understand that limit the data size would be helpful but would really appreciate it if someone knows how to export the full dataset. Much appreciated!

Best,
Naili

Joanna Winchester

Mar 18, 2020, 2:36:17 PM3/18/20
to Open Data Philly
I am also having this issue! Not able to download the latest dataset of property assessments data...

Robert Cheetham

Aug 3, 2020, 10:44:10 PM8/3/20
to opendat...@googlegroups.com
Naili and Joanna,

I'm sorry you are having trouble. I think this you are running into an issue with the CARTO service that the City uses for hosting some of its data. I've reached out to them. It's not limited to the crime incidents and affects all of the large data sets, including assessments, crime, 311, RTT transfers, etc.

One potential workaround is to use elements of the SQL where clause to limit the amount of data you retrieve on each request. There are some examples in in threads on this mailing list at:

 * https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opendataphilly/3GVsMJfOi3Q
 * https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opendataphilly/7vrSuWmmUwg

Regards,

Robert

Nicholas Manganaro

Jan 2, 2023, 1:41:08 PM1/2/23
to Open Data Philly
Good afternoon.
I have been having a similar problem getting shp files for RTT after August 2022, even using the API.
Is that information going to be made available? I even tried importing the gdb file into QGis so I could export it as a shp file, but ran into a data type problem for certain fields somewhere around record #450,000 and couldn't identify a way to fix them.
Is anyone having better luck than I am?
-Nick