water meters?

Martin Burroughs

Oct 22, 2015, 9:52:47 AM10/22/15
to Open Data Manchester
Hi, would anyone know where it's possible to get water meter data? Numbers or proportions of domestic meters rather than usage.

Thanks

Martin

Steven Flower

Oct 22, 2015, 10:06:34 AM10/22/15
to Open Data Manchester
H Martin

I dont know for sure, but I'm hoping/guessing there might be something of relevance on http://mappinggm.org.uk/ - the Greater Manchester Infrastructure Map....

Thanks

Steven

--

---

Martin Burroughs

Oct 22, 2015, 10:16:06 AM10/22/15
to Open Data Manchester
Thanks Steven- sadly not!

Martin

Julian Tait

Oct 22, 2015, 10:28:06 AM10/22/15
to Open Data Manchester
It would be United Utilities you would need to contact. Try contacting Chris Pope at New Economy as he liaised with them regarding the infrastructure map. It certainly isn’t open data. If you want contact details I can email you off list.

Cheers

Julian

Martin Burroughs

Oct 23, 2015, 5:33:52 AM10/23/15
to Open Data Manchester
Thanks Julian, we'll try that route, and maybe OFWAT. We have Chris' details.

Martin

Julian Tait

Oct 23, 2015, 5:46:18 AM10/23/15
to Open Data Manchester
Hi Martin,

Out of interest what are you trying to do with the data? Any new insights created are always of good.

Cheers

Julian

Martin Burroughs

Oct 23, 2015, 5:50:18 AM10/23/15
to Open Data Manchester
There was anecdotal evidence that some families were experiencing hardship following going on to meters. We're just trying to start an evidence base to investigate or at least understand that. If we can understand the prevalence in different parts of Oldham, then we can start to see where we might expect more issues.

We already have quite good evidence on electricity and gas meters, but water meters hadn't come up before.

Martin