Provisional programme for 2016

Julian Tait

Nov 2, 2015, 12:19:35 PM11/2/15
to Open Data Manchester
Hi all,

Firstly thanks to all who turned up for the Open Data Manchester planning meeting last Tuesday. We now have a provisional (alpha) version of the ODM 2016 programme.

There are a mixture of workshops, presentations and briefings as well as a more focussed programme on health data - in a similar way that we did the Data Visualisation series.

Events will generally take place on the last Tuesday of the month but the more niche briefing and policy sessions will take place during the day or alternative days. This isn't a totally fixed programme - more like an Alpha version. So if you want to organise something or if your organisation wants a partner to help deliver an event please reply here or send an email.

We try and keep ODM events free and we rely on the generosity of others especially speakers, workshop leaders etc. Sometimes they can end up out of pocket so if people want to sponsor a particular event, it will mean that no-one is out of pocket.

Cheers

Julian

2016
January
  • Open Data What Do I Care? - A practical examination on whether open data has had a positive impact

Feb
  • Practical mapping - Hands on look at leaflet.js, CartoDB and Open Street Map
  • Briefing - understanding the revised EU PSI 2013 directive

March
  • Grant giving and aid - money, standards and impact
  • Open Health Data Series Part 1 - The move to a more open and accessible health data

April
  • Open Health Data Series Part 2 - How are people innovating using open data - show and tell
  • Open IoT and open data - participatory science and sensors

May
  • Open Health Data Series Part 3 - Practical tools and techniques for exploring and using open data
  • Open Policy Making - design, data and algorithms
June
  • Making use of transport data - event to coincide with the TfGMs data infrastructure coming online
  • Transport data workshop

July
  • The good, the bad and the ugly of data supply. Who is releasing data, how are they doing it and who could be doing better?
August
  • Summer BBQ

September
  • Open Science - Best practice and reproducibility
October
  • Open sessions