Next Open Data Manchester Event - Open Policy Making

Julian Tait

Apr 11, 2016, 6:13:39 PM4/11/16
to Open Data Manchester

Open Policy Making - data, ethics and practice. - Tuesday 26th April 6.30-8.30pm, SpaceportX, Manchester

Open Policy Making engages with a broad range of stakeholders, experts and the public, utilising analytical techniques and design thinking. It seeks to be inclusive, collaborative and evidenced based.

The evening seeks to explore the relationship between open data and policy making, what are the drivers and the challenges. What are the ethical concerns around the use of data science to create policy and where are the checks and balances.

We will also look at how open policy making is put into practice and how design processes enable people to engage, understand and own the development of policy.

We will be joined by Ellen Broad, Head of Policy, Open Data Institute and Cat Drew, Senior Policy Officer, Policy Lab and Data Science, Cabinet Office.

Sign up on Eventbrite here