OpenDataBC Server being retired

Herb Lainchbury

Jan 31, 2015, 3:33:04 PM1/31/15
to opend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

The directors of the society have decided it's time to shut down the OpenDataBC hackathon server that we've provided for the past few years to hackathon attendees to develop and host their hackathon projects.

These days we find that most people have their own hosting already set up and if not, it's super easy to get hosting, so we think that our shared server has served it's purpose and will be shut down.

We plan to shut it down on Feb 28, 2015 so if you have any projects on the server and you want to grab a copy or move them so they can keep running, now is a good time.

Cheers,
Herb