OpenGovGear OpenDataBC Workshop

Mike Sinclair

Feb 6, 2015, 8:22:25 PM2/6/15
to opend...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

I'm Mike Sinclair, one of the co-founders of OpenGovGear. We developed the new OpenDataBC data portal that launched late last year! :)

We are doing a workshop on using the new data portal which we hope will be useful to both users and developers.

Some of the topics include:
- Creation of users, groups, organizations
- CKANs previewing capabilities
- Uploading datasets
- Searching
- Ideal dataset candidates
- Choosing and applying the correct data license

For developers:
- Using the API
- Harvesting
- Using Open Data in app creation
- Where to find help and documentation

Everyone is welcome and I believe it will be a great opportunity to learn more about using Open Data portals.

We don't have a hard date set yet and I would appreciate any input. I am tentatively thinking the 17th or 18th of this month!

How does that work for everyone?

Cheers,

Mike