Contributor application : IDEA 12 Synchronized Multi-Camera Video Recorder for OpenCV

Anamika S

Apr 2, 2024, 3:05:49 PMApr 2
to opencv-gsoc-202x
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anamika S, and I am a fourth-semester student currently pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering at the College of Engineering Trivandrum. I am writing to express my interest in contributing to the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program as a participant.

I am particularly enthusiastic about this opportunity because of my strong background in both engineering and machine learning. Alongside my major, I am pursuing minors in Machine Learning with Python, where I have gained hands-on experience in applying machine learning algorithms to solve various real-world problems.

One of my notable projects involved the development of an Elephant Detection and Public Alert System, where I utilized OpenCV to detect elephant presence in forested areas and trigger alerts to nearby communities, ensuring the safety of both humans and wildlife. Additionally, I have also contributed to projects like the VLM Smart Segregator, where OpenCV played a crucial role in image processing and analysis for waste segregation based on visual inputs.

Through these experiences, I have developed a strong foundation in image processing, computer vision, and software development, which I believe would make me a valuable contributor to GSoC. I am eager to further enhance my skills, collaborate with mentors and peers, and contribute meaningfully to open-source projects during the program.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with the open-source community through GSoC and contribute towards creating impactful solutions. Thank you for considering my application.

Warm regards,

Anamika S

GSOC24.pdf
AnamikaSCET.pdf