GSoc 2024 |Contributor Application

Akash R

Mar 29, 2024, 8:42:46 AMMar 29
to opencv-gsoc-202x

Dear OpenCV Selection Committee,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing to express my strong interest in participating in the Google Summer of Code (GSOC) program and my specific desire to contribute to the OpenCV project.

I am currently studying Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, and I have a solid foundation in Python programming. I have done various projects and coursework related to machine learning, computer vision, and data analysis.

In addition to my academic pursuits, I have actively engaged in practical applications of the concepts I have learned. I have developed small projects using libraries such as pandas and NumPy to manipulate and analyze data. I have also explored face detection techniques using OpenCV and implemented various algorithms in C++ for image processing tasks.

Through these experiences, I have gained proficiency in working with real-world datasets, implementing machine-learning models, and developing efficient algorithms. I have developed a strong interest and understanding of the potential applications of OpenCV in computer vision and image processing.

I am eager to apply my skills and knowledge to contribute to the OpenCV project during the GSOC program. I believe that my background in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, along with my practical experience in projects involving OpenCV, will enable me to make valuable contributions to the project.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the possibility of working with the OpenCV community and contributing to the advancement of computer vision technology through GSOC.

Best regards,

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/akashr65

Github: https://github.com/akashlogics