GSoC 2024: Contributor Application

Philippe

Mar 21, 2024, 1:47:06 AMMar 21
to opencv-gsoc-202x

Hello everyone, my name is Philippe Bouchet,

I have recently graduated from EPITA in August 2023, with a Master's degree in Computer Science, with a specialization in deep learning. I am interested in project [7], “Quantized models for OpenCV Model Zoo”.

During my time as a student at EPITA, I had the opportunity to publish a paper in MICCAI for glioblastoma segmentation in 3D MRI volumes as a first author.

Moreover, I have recently completed a year long internship at Siemens Healthineers in which I worked in the cardiology team. Using many deep learning and image processing methods, I was able to contribute to various projects within this team.

I have also worked on several personal and professional projects in C/C++ and Python, in which I had to use libraries such as OpenCV, PyTorch, TensorFlow, NumPy, and Pandas.

One project which I really enjoyed working on was an object detection algorithm, using image processing and mathematical morphology concepts to yield accurate bounding boxes. This project was done in C++, and is currently being refactored for GPU accelerated operations using CUDA.

As such I believe that these experiences prove that I am qualified and suited for contributing to project 7.

Feel free to reach out to me about any project or ideas! I am open to discussion and would love to exchange.