Expression of Interest: GSoC 2024 Application for Quantized Models in OpenCV Proposal for GSoC Contribution: Quantization of Models for the OpenCV Model Zoo

Dev Vidit

Mar 18, 2024, 11:08:55 AMMar 18
to opencv-g...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,

I hope this email finds you in good spirits. My name is Dev Vidit, and I am reaching out to convey my earnest interest in participating in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024 with OpenCV, particularly in the project "Quantized Models for OpenCV Model Zoo."

Allow me to provide a concise overview of my background and relevant skills:

I am currently pursuing a Bachelor of Technology degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering at the National Institute of Technology, Silchar. My academic journey has equipped me with a solid understanding of machine learning and computer vision concepts.

During my internship at The School of Computer and Information Sciences (SCIS), University of Hyderabad, under Summer Research Fellowship Program (SRFP), I delved into the realm of computer vision by contributing to a project focused on generating smells based on textual, audio, and visual inputs. Additionally, I gained experience in deploying machine learning models on Azure, further solidifying my practical skills.

Additionally, I have hands-on experience developing an image classifier model using MobileNet. Furthermore, I am currently engaged in various OpenCV projects, including object detection and automated parking space detection. These experiences have strengthened my proficiency in computer vision technologies, and developed my understanding of model optimization and development.

The prospect of optimizing and deploying quantized models for the OpenCV Model Zoo resonates deeply with me. I am excited about the opportunity to leverage my expertise in machine learning engineering and Python programming to enhance the efficiency and performance of computer vision algorithms.

Having reviewed the project details and requirements, I am fully committed to dedicating the necessary time and effort to make a significant impact during the GSoC 2024 period.

I kindly request more information regarding the project's expectations, required skills, and specific areas of focus for potential contributors. Additionally, I would appreciate any guidance on the next steps to formally express my interest and discuss potential contributions further.

Enclosed with this email is my cover letter and resume for your perusal.

Thank you for considering my application. I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to contribute to the success of OpenCV through the GSoC 2024 program.

Warm regards,

Dev Vidit