GSoC 2024 | Application for contribution to Ideas 6 & 7

Samiyah Shaikh

Mar 18, 2024, 2:00:42 AMMar 18
to opencv-gsoc-202x
Dear GSoC OpenCV Team,

I hope this message finds you well!

My name is Samiyah Shaikh and I am an undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at UC Santa Cruz. I am writing to express my sincere interest in participating in the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024 program with the OpenCV team. I am particularly interested in contributing to the following projects as both are related to my current research and interests:

- Idea 6: Multi-camera calibration toolbox
- Idea 7: Quantized models for OpenCV Model Zoo

During my time at UC Santa Cruz, I have actively pursued my interest in computer vision through coursework in the field and related areas like machine learning. This has given me a strong foundation in the underlying concepts and techniques. I also collaborated with the Honda Research Institute on a project that utilized computer vision for social crowd navigation, providing me with valuable field experience.

I believe my background provides me with the necessary skills and knowledge to contribute meaningfully to the projects listed above. I'm excited about the prospect of contributing to the OpenCV community as well as playing a part in this impactful initiative!

Best regards,
Samiyah Shaikh