GSoC 2024 | Contributor Application

Amruth Niranjan

Mar 29, 2024, 6:40:27 PMMar 29
to opencv-gsoc-202x
Hello,

My name is Amruth Niranjan, and I am currently a third-year undergraduate student at Boston University. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering along with a concentration in Machine Learning, and a minor in Applied Mathematics. After spending some time researching the Google Summer of Code 2024 organizations, I have decided I would love to be a part of the OpenCV program this summer.

Specifically, the '3D Radiance Toolbox' project, the 'Quantized models for OpenCV Model Zoo' project, and the ' RISC-V Optimizations' projects seem both within my abilities and interests, as well as immensely beneficial experiences for me to learn more about open-source programming alongside applying my knowledge of deep learning, computer engineering, and software development. which is why I would love to partake in one of those projects this summer.

As an undergraduate student, I am enrolled in two graduate-level courses in Deep Learning and Stochastic Processes, and I am also employed as a Teaching Assistant for Probability & Statistics and Applied Algorithms courses. Currently, I am a researcher at the Boston University Neural Systems Analysis Laboratory, where I am in the process of developing a real-time epileptic seizure detector using state-of-the-art deep learning architectures.

I would love to get to know more about the application process, some advice for this project, and eventually submit my proposal for this project before the deadline next week. I believe I am a good fit for the open-source development role for this summer based on the skills I have worked with in prior positions, my project experience, and my academic excellence. I believe that participation in one of these projects this summer will greatly benefit the community of users and programmers across the world who make use of OpenCV for computer vision-related projects through applying my knowledge and past experiences. Please let me know if you have any questions and whether you might be able to meet with me any time this week.

Thank you again for providing this opportunity!

Best regards,
Amruth Niranjan

Portfolio Webpage: Amruth Niranjan | Portfolio