GSoC 2024: Contributor Application

Ryan Lee

Mar 18, 2024, 2:38:30 AMMar 18
to opencv-gsoc-202x
Hello OpenCV GSoC team,

I am Ryan Lee, eager to join the community of contributors to OpenCV this year and beyond!

OpenCV was my first attempt at open-sourced contributions and I'm grateful for Yuantao's help and guidance as I delved into contributing to OpenCV Zoo.

My background:
  • Recent master's degree (2023) in Robotics from CMU, specializing in robotics software with a focus on computer vision (CV) and machine learning (ML) using Python and C++.
  • Published three papers, one accepted at CVPR (2024), alongside contributions to IROS and a medical journal.
  • Professional expertise in CV and ML, particularly within the self-driving domain.
While I understand that OpenCV GSoC topics are pending finalization and may adjust for the transition to OCV5, I'd like to preliminarily to share my areas of interest:
  1. opencv_zoo: I'm generally interested in any projects related to this repository and not exclusively quantization. However, A White Paper on Neural Network Quantization was a fun read and I'd love to explore more. My relevant experience includes validating ONNX models and utilizing TRT for onboard inference.
  2. Multi-camera calibration: Leveraging my background in geometric and traditional computer vision, I have prior experience in camera calibration and am enthusiastic about exploring further projects in this area.
  3. SLAM/NeRF: With a solid understanding of probabilistic robotics, I have extensively worked on measurement models and 3D object tracking systems. Additionally, I have successfully re-implemented the original NeRF paper.
  4. OCV5: Excited for new projects; ready to bring Yuantao's and other mentors' ideas to completion.
Thank you for considering my application. I am eager to engage in project discussions, establish clear objectives, and leverage my skills to contribute meaningfully to the exciting endeavors undertaken by the OpenCV team.

Best regards,
Ryan Lee
Message has been deleted

Ryan Lee

Apr 3, 2024, 5:15:38 AMApr 3
to opencv-gsoc-202x
Hello OpenCV GSoC team,

Following our previous proposal, I'd like to quantify a project idea based on identified needs and my contributions thus far. Please see the attached proposal.

I remain highly flexible and open to various projects within the CV/ML domain.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Ryan
Proposal_ OpenCV Zoo Demo, Evaluation, and Clean Up.pdf