Improve and Document OpenCV.js

Zhiming Zeng

Mar 25, 2020, 7:03:37 AM3/25/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hi,

My name is Zhiming Zeng, a fourth year undergraduate at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China. I'm interested in the project "Improve and Document OpenCV.js". The dnn module of OpenCV.js has the ability and potential to develop interesting interactive deep learning applications on the Web. I'd like to expand the tutorials to attract more users and developers. In addition I used to write a sample image classification application with OpenCV.js which can be seen as a preliminary investigation, the link is https://github.com/akineeic/opencvjs-dnn-test. And my proposal is shown in https://docs.google.com/document/d/159sv9Ose4jdnirLiPdiCIe6pow0dhT6DlC7KHaO_fTs/edit?usp=sharing.

I'm waiting for feedback from the Mentor and looking forward to contributing to OpenCV.

Best Regards.

Vadim Pisarevsky

Mar 29, 2020, 3:39:10 PM3/29/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hello,

the proposal looks good, but I have not found which examples in particular you are going to develop. Could you add an explicit section to your proposal with the list with some short description for each item?

Regards,
Vadim

Zhiming Zeng

Mar 30, 2020, 5:20:03 AM3/30/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Thanks for your attention! The short application description is shown in the following table and I also add this table and some pictures of the example in the proposal. You can take a look at the latest version of my proposal, any suggestion is welcomed sincerely.

Example

Description

Image Classification

show the top results and probabilities, image can be uploaded by user

Object Detection

draw a box of the object and show the predict label, can interact with the WebRTC or the visual content upload by user

Semantic Segmentation

link each pixel in an image to a class label and draw in the output, can interact with the WebRTC or the visual content upload by user

Pose Estimation

detect the position and orientation of an object and draw in the output, can interact with the WebRTC or the visual content upload by user

Best Regards,
Zhiming