GPU-enabled OpenCV.js

Hao1 Jiang

Mar 25, 2020, 7:03:37 AM3/25/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hi
I'm interested in enabling WebGPU for OpenCv.js and I got some experience in computer vision and Web development. I am familiar with WebGPU and I used to contribute some kernel in tfjs-backend-webgpu.
My plan is to add a new backend by enabling WebGPU in OpenCV.js. There have been many sophisticated GPU backends including Cuda,OpenCL,Vulkan and Halide, these GPU backends can provide reference for porting some kernels' shader code of OpenCV GPU backend to WebGPU. Using emscripten to bind the Vulkan API in OpenCV to the corresponding WebGPU API and reuse part of the Vulkan shader can be a possible approcah.
My vacation starts in June. So, I can easily dedicate 30-40 hours a week of my time to GSoC. I’ll be glad to contribute to the OpenCV and open source community.

Hao1 Jiang

Mar 25, 2020, 11:32:52 PM3/25/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
  I look forward to receiving a response from the mentor and I’ll be glad to contribute to the OpenCV and open source community.!

Vadim Pisarevsky

Mar 29, 2020, 3:36:04 PM3/29/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hello,

I cannot access the document, but please submit it through Google to OpenCV GSoC project.

Regards,
Vadim

Hao1 Jiang

Mar 29, 2020, 11:10:43 PM3/29/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:03:37 PM UTC+8, Hao1 Jiang wrote:
  My vacation starts in June. So, I can easily dedicate 30-40 hours a week of my time to GSoC. I’ll be glad to contribute to the OpenCV and open source community.My application is attached in Google doc : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VgDAVh63JY9YUObRRDIw_nKWZGzO78SIkdoFtyU6ZLs/edit#

Hao1 Jiang

Mar 29, 2020, 11:16:33 PM3/29/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Vadim