Deep learning based visual trackers

Ashutosh Verma

Mar 30, 2020, 12:04:06 AM3/30/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hello,
My name is Ashutosh Kumar Verma. I am a 3rd year engineering student from IIIT Pune, India currently pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering. I am a very quick learner and a competitive programmer and have substantial experience in Computer Vision, Image Processing and Deep Learning through my internships, personal projects and hackathons in the past three years. I have worked on a lot of Object Detection, Object Tracking, Image Classification, Object Localization and Image Translation projects during my internship. I have worked on both C++, Python, C and Java. I'm interested in the another project "Deep learning based visual trackers" because I think this project aligns with my skills and I am able to work on this project.I have hands on experience with Deep Learning using both OpenCV, Tensorflow and Pytorch and am designing a private Deep Learning framework (to be open sourced in next month) in my daily research. I have a good math background and adept at Git. I am ready to give all of my priority and a lot of hard work to the projects. Also, I am quite familiar with the OpenCV coding style.
I have genuine interest in contributing a well-written, easy-to-understand tutorial about training a network in Tensorflow or PyTorch and then running it on OpenCV.
I have submitted the draft proposal for this project through the google summer of code site and it would be great if you can test its worthiness. Please take a look. Looking forward to contributing to OpenCV and waiting for a reply from the Mentor.
As I read one of the previous mentor's text I summarized the answers to some of the questions:
1) I have a strong mathematics background, having 5 courses in academics, including Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Geometry, Probability and Statistics. I have been programming for 8 years, and currently passionate about competitive programming in both Python and C++.
2) I have worked on projects with Image Processing, Object tracking, Object Detection and Image Translation. I have used TensorFlow and PyTorch frameworks and am proficient in Deep Learning based image processing algorithms. Moreover, these days I am working on implementing new Object Tracking algorithms, including ATOM tracker.
3) Currently I haven't participated in any of internships.
Looking forward to connect with mentors.
Thanks a lot.