short videos/blog posts

Vadim Pisarevsky

Aug 11, 2020, 4:43:01 PM8/11/20
to opencv-g...@googlegroups.com
Dear mentors,

It's now final weeks, and for some projects that started earlier it's even final days of GSoC 2020. In general, as far as I can tell, all the projects this this point are quite productive, and this is probably one of the best our GSoC years. Of course, the students need to finalize their projects, prepare some final pull requests, if they have not done it already, and also provide some short documentation/examples on how to use the new functionality.

There is one more thing though that was mentioned in the very beginning of GSoC and that would be a cherry on the top of cake - the short videos, with duration 20-30 seconds to 1 min that summarize/demonstrate the results.

I would like you to ask your students to prepare such videos and upload them somewhere to Google drive, dropbox etc.

Out of those videos we will make the final video, which will be our summary "video" report for OpenCV GSoC 2020 that we will put it to OpenCV youtube channel. For each project we will insert some titles with the project name, student and mentor(s) names, so it's not necessary to put it in, we will make it in a uniform way. We will also provide a complete list of projects below the video in text form with the link to pull requests.

Also, if you/your students wish so, we invite them (and/or you) to write a blog post at opencv.org. We have ~30000 subscribers and many, many more visitors. So it can be a good additional advertisement/promotion of your work.

For the videos the deadline is the end of summer, or maybe the first week of September. There is no any strict deadline for the blog post (but it would be preferable to publish something during this Fall, while the results are fresh).

Regards,
Vadim