Query regarding Draft Proposal

shivakan...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2020, 5:59:01 AM3/24/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hello!

I am Shiva Kanth, an undergrad from India. I had filled the pre-application form last week, however I have not gotten a response from the mentors. I am interested in the following projects
1. Idea 10: Write a tutorial about training a network in TF or PyTorch and then running it in OpenCV
2. Idea 18: Python deep learning inference on video

I am proficient in Python and PyTorch and have worked on a few projects using them. I wanted to know if I could start drafting my proposal as I haven't been yet contacted by the mentors for the same.

I have attached my resume and my GitHub for your reference.

Resume: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H5ERBD5M126sU5Qj1GonohblO-YWzzbV/view?usp=sharing

GitHub: https://github.com/shivakanthsujit

Thanks!

Justin Shenk

Mar 29, 2020, 4:29:23 PM3/29/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hi Shiva,
Thanks for your message. It is expected that you reach out to mentors like me to get feedback on your proposal at this stage. I am interested in your suggestion for improving OpenCV. Therefore you can start drafting your proposal and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Justin

Shiva Kanth Sujit

Mar 29, 2020, 4:33:44 PM3/29/20
to opencv-gsoc-2020
Hello Justin,

Thank you for your reply. I've made my draft proposal and I've submitted the link to the Google Docs file on the GSoC dashboard. I would be very grateful if you could go through it and give me feedback on the proposal.

Regards,

Shiva