Community call Info

Scott Jensen

May 13, 2015, 11:53:12 AM5/13/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Scott Jensen

May 13, 2015, 1:00:14 PM5/13/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Notes from the call....

The past week:

  • DB can now be on a remote system
  • Accounts have been externalized to a new role
  • Ceph (initial Pass)
  • Fixed Network Ranges
  • Router constructs are now into the CLI and UI
  • Fixed issues with IP addressing
  • AMQP Bus (rabbitMQ) was implemented but caused issues and is currently disabled.
  • Now able to delete Noderoles (with caveats)

Coming:

 -   PowerDNS

 -  More Better-er Ceph

 -  Maybe a new version of Ubuntu (15.04)

We wanted to discuss the concept of compose able services that new roles could request.  For example a role could request a new DB from the DB-service which would perform the action and return the Consul credentials for the new db.  It was decided that we do not fully understand how we would utilize this as of yet and will defer it until we have a "build your own role" capability in the system.