Renaming bots

Seb Bacon

Jul 10, 2014, 5:17:40 AM7/10/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Knut reported an error [1] this morning which occurs when you try to
rename a bot.

Given the name is the primary key within Turbot, this scenario is
slightly more complicated to deal with than it might seem. For now, I
think we'll just deal with the error more elegantly, and the
OpenCorporates team can then rename a bot manually when required.

Longer term, we'll probably need some kind of "rename" command in turbot.

Anyway, just a heads-up that changing the bot_id in the manifest after
you've first generated the bot will currently result in an error.

Thanks,

Seb

OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
Blog: http://blog.opencorporates.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenCorporates

OpenCorporates is published by Chrinon Ltd, a company dedicated to
improving and publishing public data under an open licence that allows
and encourages reuse, including commercially. Registered in England,
number 07444723.