Feedback

Richard Pope

Jul 8, 2014, 4:32:15 PM7/8/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
A few snags I hit:

The flow from mission -> turbot is a bit clunky, I wasnt sure if I was logged in or not. It turned out  needed a new user account on Turbot (as opposed to OC)
The main links to the example bots are ruby only (eg quickstart). It took a few goes before I found the python one
Wasn't mentioned that I needed to install turbotlib from pip
Didnt look like turbotlib requires PyYAML or scraperwiki when installed form pip

When I selected a mission, the page started 500ing http://missions.opencorporates.com/missions/582

In the end I only got this far with the scraper. I'll try and pick up later in the week.

https://gist.github.com/memespring/6758de690382c7a51bcd

Seb Bacon

Jul 9, 2014, 5:37:42 AM7/9/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback :)

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 21:32:15 UTC+1, Richard Pope wrote:
A few snags I hit:

The flow from mission -> turbot is a bit clunky, I wasnt sure if I was logged in or not. It turned out  needed a new user account on Turbot (as opposed to OC)

As far as I can tell, I think you created an account on Turbot first, then when back to missions. The flow is *meant* to force you to register an account on missions first (when you "accept a mission"). The flow evidently didn't go that way for you, for some reason (though it works when I try it - so I'm guessing you took an alternate flow through the journey which we've not catered for).

Can you remember the route you took?

The main links to the example bots are ruby only (eg quickstart). It took a few goes before I found the python one

Ah, thanks - will fix.

Wasn't mentioned that I needed to install turbotlib from pip

At http://turbot.opencorporates.com/docs/quickstart_2 it says

Install the libraries you'll have access to in the Turbot production system. It may take some time. pip install -r http://turbot.opencorporates.com/pip_requirements.txt

...which includes turbotlib. Were you expecting to see this documented elsewhere?

Didnt look like turbotlib requires PyYAML or scraperwiki when installed form pip

You were right about PyYAML (see earlier emails) but scraperwiki was definitely in there.  Can you remember what made you think it wasn't?

When I selected a mission, the page started 500ing http://missions.opencorporates.com/missions/582

Ah - so there's a bug if you sign up on Turbot *before* signing up on Missions, in that it doesn't require a username - will fix now. I set your username to "memespring".

In the end I only got this far with the scraper. I'll try and pick up later in the week.

https://gist.github.com/memespring/6758de690382c7a51bcd

OK, thanks for your help - sorry you hit some stumbling blocks - your feedback is really useful.

Seb