Python & Fedora tips

Dan Haiduc

Dec 26, 2014, 8:51:26 PM12/26/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Nice to see you guys as a community! :)

I followed the steps here (the Fedora equivalents, using yum instead of apt):
http://turbot.opencorporates.com/docs/quickstart_2

While installing lxml using pip 3.3.5, I had to additionally install the following packages:
libxslt-devel libxslt-python libxml-devel

Not sure exactly which ones are needed, but they're among those ones.

peter...@opencorporates.com

Jan 2, 2015, 7:24:13 AM1/2/15
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting involved and for taking the time to get in touch with feedback.

Installing those packages is fine. Was it obvious from the quickstart steps what the problem was?

Do you think it would have been helpful to know that you may be prompted to install additional packages?

Thanks

Peter