Help us test our latest campaign: Map the Banks

Hera Hussain

Dec 4, 2014, 9:04:20 AM12/4/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
We're launching a big campaign tomorrow called Map the Banks. It's our first every global data sprint to scrape all the financial licences in the world. The financial crisis revealed the damage done by our lack of understanding of the influence and size of banks and financial companies. This campaign directly addresses it.

It would be great if you can help us bug-test the website for Map the Banks: mapthebanks.com

If you come across any issues - please let us know here and tomorrow, we can share it with the rest of the world!

J. Albert Bowden

Dec 15, 2014, 3:54:39 PM12/15/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
at sign up, the checkbox for the newletter is unclickable in ff 34.0.5 on win7, although i'm not sure if its my lastpass plugin or not

Govert Versluis

Dec 16, 2014, 3:50:24 AM12/16/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com
I would LOVE to help and I'm a coder.
However, I'm not well versed in Python or Ruby at all.

I would love to write some scrapers in Go (golang.org) since that language seems like an extremely good fit.
What would I need to do to make this a possibility?

Hera Hussain

Dec 16, 2014, 12:31:40 PM12/16/14
to opencorporat...@googlegroups.com

We're planning to support other languages in the medium term. We don't have much expertise in go in the team, so if you would be happy to help us work out what we might need to do to support it, we would love to add the language!