How to publish a schedule

Manuel

Feb 29, 2016, 4:39:05 PM2/29/16
to openconferenceware
Hello!
I'm trying out, if we could use ocw for collaborating on an annual agenda. For now I just set up a standard installation and filled it with some tracks and proposals. To show this basic sketch to others, I'd still like the schedule to be published, but I can't see how I'd do that. Thanks for any help!
Manuel

Manuel

Mar 1, 2016, 7:20:00 AM3/1/16
to openconferenceware
Just to describe in more detail: so I played around with proposals and conformed some of them. Then a schedule is generated, but I only see it when logged in as admin and there's a note that the schedule is not yet published.

Reid Beels

Mar 1, 2016, 7:23:19 AM3/1/16
to openconfe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manuel,

The settings your'e looking for are called can be found by editing the event record, under "Publish schedule?" and "Publish proposal statuses?".

Best,
Reid

On March 1, 2016 at 1:20:04 PM, Manuel (man...@posteo.net) wrote:

Just to describe in more detail: so I played around with proposals and conformed some of them. Then a schedule is generated, but I only see it when logged in as admin and there's a note that the schedule is not yet published.

Manuel

Mar 1, 2016, 7:35:20 AM3/1/16
to openconferenceware
Thank you, Reid! I can see the option 'Publish proposal statuses?', which is set to yes.. but I can't find 'Publish schedule?'.
Here would be a link, it's just the development installation: http://139.162.144.60:3000/manage/events/2016/edit

Reid Beels

Mar 1, 2016, 7:44:21 AM3/1/16
to openconfe...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you might not have `config.have_event_rooms` enabled in your OCW initializer and the schedule functionality currently requires it (https://github.com/osbridge/openconferenceware/blob/aa5e08fed85518d37063bd4dcb571cf247768662/app/controllers/open_conference_ware/application_controller.rb#L136). Try enabling that option and you should get the schedule publishing controls.

Best,
Reid

On March 1, 2016 at 1:35:23 PM, Manuel (man...@posteo.net) wrote:

Thank you, Reid! I can see the option 'Publish proposal statuses?', which is set to yes.. but I can't find 'Publish schedule?'.
Here would be a link, it's just the development installation: http://139.162.144.60:3000/manage/events/2016/edit

Manuel

Mar 1, 2016, 8:14:50 AM3/1/16
to openconferenceware
Yes, that's that! Thanks again!

The way we'd use it over a longer time range, I'd even say it's not relevant if one or several tracks are there, but just independent option from both rooms and tracks.