Broken theme bridgepbx

George G

Sep 15, 2010, 8:28:14 AM9/15/10
to openconferenceware
Unable to get past rake setup
bridgepdx theme broken
I run rake bridgepdx:styles
and i get

/home/myadmin/public_html/openconferenceware$ rake bridgepdx:styles
rm -rf tmp/style_clone
(in /home/myadmin/public_html/openconferenceware)
git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/reidab/osbp_styles.git tmp/
style_clone
fatal: cannot copy /usr/share/git-core/templates/hooks/prepare-commit-
msg to /home/myadmin/public_html/openconferenceware/tmp/
style_clone/.git/hooks/prepare-commit-msg
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (128): [git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/reida...]

Reid Beels

Sep 15, 2010, 5:00:39 PM9/15/10
to openconfe...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

It looks to me like there's some kind of a permissions issue with either your installation of git or with the tmp/ directory with the rails app and that the rake task is failing when it tries to create an empty git repository to clone the styles into. Check that your current user has permission to read from /usr/share/git-core/templates/hooks and has permission to write to /home/myadmin/public_html/openconferenceware/tmp

Let me know if that fixes things.

Reid

George G

Sep 16, 2010, 2:21:29 AM9/16/10
to openconferenceware
Thank you Reid for your reply!

I run this as root and now I get a different message, could this mean
that the repositories are not available?
or that I have problems connecting to them? (everything else I
downloaded worked fine)

/home/myadmin/public_html/openconferenceware$ rake bridgepdx:styles
rm -rf tmp/style_clone
(in /home/myadmin/public_html/openconferenceware)
git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/reidab/osbp_styles.git tmp/
style_clone
github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (128): [git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/reida...]

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/myadmin/public_html/
openconferenceware/tmp/style_clone/.git/

Reid Beels

Sep 16, 2010, 4:17:02 PM9/16/10
On Sep 15, 2010, at 11:21 PM, George G wrote:

> Thank you Reid for your reply!
>
> I run this as root and now I get a different message, could this mean
> that the repositories are not available?

Running this as root isn't the best solution, as it will cause the downloaded styles to be created as root as well, which will cause further problems. You'll want to (as root) remove tmp/style_clone and then change the permissions on either tmp or your git-core directory, whichever is causing the issue.

> or that I have problems connecting to them? (everything else I downloaded worked fine)

It seems like this is a connection issue. I'm able to download from this repository without issue.

-- Reid