OrganizationName in MariaDB

Tim van Dijen

May 21, 2019, 12:36:45 PM5/21/19
to OpenConext Community
Hi all,

Just a control question before filing any issues on Github:
I noticed that OrganizationName:nl / OrganizationName:en in Manage are not mapped onto the organization_nl_name / organization_en_name fields in MariaDB when pushing metadata.
Is this a bug, or is it intentional that some info only exists in MongoDB?  Also, database fields keywords_nl/keywords_en seem to have no counterpart in Manage.

- Tim

Thijs Kinkhorst

May 21, 2019, 12:46:35 PM5/21/19
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Op 21-05-19 om 18:36 schreef Tim van Dijen:
> Just a control question before filing any issues on Github:
> I noticed that OrganizationName:nl / OrganizationName:en in Manage are not
> mapped onto the organization_nl_name / organization_en_name fields in
> MariaDB when pushing metadata.

They are only set when the triplet "OrganizationName:",
"OrganizationDsplayName", "OrganizationURL" for a given lang are all set.

This is because the SAML spec requires all of them be filled or none.

We hope that Manage in the near future can also do checks on groups of
fields (it's now limited to checking only one field for validity) so the
UI could say something about this.

> Is this a bug, or is it intentional that some info only exists in
> MongoDB?  Also, database fields keywords_nl/keywords_en seem to have no
> counterpart in Manage.

They do, if you set them they are pushed to EB and used in the WAYF.

They only exist for saml20_idp since indeed Manage has no use case for SP
keywords since you don't search for SPs.

Cheers,
Thijs

Tim van Dijen

May 21, 2019, 12:57:36 PM5/21/19
to OpenConext Community
Hi Thijs,

I didn't realize these were actually SAML-related fields.. I was gonna use them for reports on the SP's per customer.
Makes sense now! Thanks!

- Tim