Sci-Hub London Meetup — Sep 2021

Theodore Keloglou

Sep 16, 2021, 7:50:08 AM9/16/21
to OpenCon Discussion List
Hi all,

We're hosting a Sci-Hub Meetup in London next week and wanted
to let people from this list know :)

The meetup will take place at Newspeak House, 133-135 Bethnal
Green Road, E2 7DG on Thursday, September 23, 2021.
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/7PGNugeR6dPika6W8

Event page: https://scihublondon.org/meetup-1/

Sci-Hub has a large impact to researchers from all disciplines, students,
activists, copyright pirates, politicians, law people, and eventually the whole
of society. This is the reason that we expect people from various different
fields of interest to join.

This is also the reason that even if one feels they are from a completely
irrelevant area and are not sure if they should attend, the answer is
definitely yes! I’m pretty confident everyone can fit it and talk about
Sci-Hub.

In terms of agenda, there will be a short presentation about the latest
developments around Sci-Hub and then various discussions around
Sci-Hub, ethical concerns, social impact, et al.

Hope to see you there :)

Kind regards,
Theodore Keloglou