Come work with me!

1 view

Bolick, Josh

Feb 28, 2022, 12:31:11 PM2/28/22
to opencon-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi colleagues and open advocates!

I'm excited to share that KU Libraries is hiring an Open Education Librarian. This is a tenure-track faculty position with a minimum starting salary of $54K. Applications from any candidate who meets the minimum qualifications, including early career and new librarians, are encouraged. Review of applications will begin on March 23. Please share with potentially interested colleagues and wherever else you see fit. We're hoping to reach a broad applicant pool.

An excerpt: "The Open Education Librarian will lead and grow an established open education program and collaborate to support related scholarly communication initiatives in a team-based environment with a strong institutional history of open advocacy and leadership. The Open Education Librarian will proactively cultivate relationships and engage campus stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, and administration on the knowledge and use of open educational resources (OER) and aligned practices through existing programs and partnerships, as well as through new initiatives of their own design. In addition to leading open education initiatives, they will participate in teams to support related scholarly communication services, such as those pertaining to copyright and fair use, open licensing, open access, and library publishing."

I am on the committee and will be the hire's supervisor. I hope to support this hire the way I have been supported at KU, to see them succeed and grow. Lawrence, KS is a charming college town of about 95K people, about 45 minutes from downtown Kansas City.

Thank you for considering!

Take care,

Josh

Josh Bolick
Head, David Shulenburger Office of Scholarly Communication & Copyright
Watson Library Room 400A
University of Kansas

I generally observe email-free evenings and weekends. I hope you can too.

Twitter: @joshbolick
Marking Affordable Courses site: https://marking.ku.edu/
OAnarchy Group blog: https://oanarchy.wordpress.com/