Using open access research in our battle against misinformation

Catherine.Kuliavets

Feb 21, 2022, 8:56:03 AM2/21/22
to jisc-rep...@jiscmail.ac.uk
*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear friends,

Our society is facing significant challenges due to the widespread misinformation, in particular on social media, substantially influencing public opinion. As a result, we are seeing a lot of demand for innovative text processing methods to fact check and provide an automatic assessment of trustworthiness and credibility. Machine learning and natural language processing have started to be widely used to address this problem.

Best,

Catherine Kuliavets
Personal and Team Administrative Assistant