Fwd: Postdoctoral fellowship to examine inclusion and engagement in open science

Juan Pablo Alperin

Feb 28, 2022, 1:44:39 PM2/28/22
to opencon-dis...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Please help me spread the word about this postdoc opportunity available in my lab. Below is a brief description you can forward. If Twitter is your thing, here's something you can easily retweet.

Thanks,

Juan Pablo Alperin
Associate Professor, Publishing
Co-Scientific Director, Public Knowledge Project
Co-Director, Scholarly Communications Lab
Simon Fraser University

Postdoctoral fellowship to examine inclusion and engagement in open science

We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join our interdisciplinary team of researchers at the Scholarly Communications Lab (ScholCommLab), Vancouver, BC, Canada. This is a one year position with a target start date of May 1, 2022, with a possibility of renewal for a second year. The VOICES fellowship is part of a 2.5-year project examining the Value of Openness, Inclusion, Communication, and Engagement for Science in a Post-Pandemic World (VOICES). This fellowship will offer the successful applicant an opportunity to strengthen their research project management skills (~50% of fellow responsibilities) while also contributing to original research examining questions related to equity, inclusion, and openness in scholarly communication and (public) science communication (~50% of responsibilities). While this position may be particularly relevant to scholars with a background in open science, scholarly communication, information science, research impact, metascience, or science communication, we welcome applicants from any field with an interest in this research topic.

Applications will remain open until the position is filled, but candidates should submit their application package by March 15, 2022 to receive full consideration.

For more information, visit  https://www.scholcommlab.ca/voices-postdoctoral-fellowship/