Trouble with building and installing OpenCog

Fitz Fitz

May 1, 2021, 12:52:50 PM5/1/21
to opencog
After I ran ' ./octool -rsdpcav -l default', I receive an error saying "no module named 'apt-pkg'.  Is this a firewall issue? Also, is this the reason Im unable to run 'cmake ..' when building OpenCog?  Thank you

amebel@singnet

May 3, 2021, 4:37:40 AM5/3/21
to opencog
What OS version are you using?

Anatoly Belikov

May 5, 2021, 5:37:28 AM5/5/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
You can build opencog with mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && sudo make install.

First build cogutil, then atomspace, then other opencog components.

сб, 1 мая 2021 г., 20:52 Fitz Fitz <infr...@gmail.com>:
After I ran ' ./octool -rsdpcav -l default', I receive an error saying "no module named 'apt-pkg'.  Is this a firewall issue? Also, is this the reason Im unable to run 'cmake ..' when building OpenCog?  Thank you

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez-Labra

May 21, 2021, 7:28:39 PM5/21/21
to opencog
When I run cmake .. I get the following:

CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:19 (CMAKE_POLICY):
  The OLD behavior for policy CMP0037 will be removed from a future version
  of CMake.

  The cmake-policies(7) manual explains that the OLD behaviors of all
  policies are deprecated and that a policy should be set to OLD only under
  specific short-term circumstances.  Projects should be ported to the NEW
  behavior and not rely on setting a policy to OLD.

-- Build type: Release
-- CogUtil found.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:81 (FIND_PACKAGE):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "AtomSpace"
  (requested version 5.0.3) with any of the following names:

    AtomSpaceConfig.cmake
    atomspace-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "AtomSpace" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "AtomSpace_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "AtomSpace" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

See also "/home/jose/opencog/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

So atomspace didn't install correctly?

I've run the following already: ./octool -rsdpcav -l default

How could I fix this? Thank you

Anatoly Belikov

May 24, 2021, 8:36:30 AM5/24/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I would try to install atomspace without octool, with just cmake, that should help.