AGI Discussion Fora -- Minecraft, Automated Program Learning...

Ben Goertzel

May 18, 2021, 4:04:34 PM5/18/21
to AGI, opencog
Hi,

I've posted the recording of last week's (interesting) AGI Discussion
Forum session on Minecraft for AGI at

https://wiki.opencog.org/w/AGI_Discussion_Forum#Sessions

Also have announced the next session which will be June 4 (3 weeks
rather than 2 weeks after the previous one to accommodate my traveling
inbetween...) and will focus on Automated Program Learning for AGI ...

On the wiki page I linked to some 2011 AGI conference talks on
Self-Programming, and also a nice old deck from Moshe Looks on program
learning for AGI ...

Relatedly, I also started musing about how the recently released

https://github.com/IBM/Project_CodeNet

could maybe useful for AGI-ish program learning R&D

It's a large-ish (4000 or so) set of textual program requirements,
paired with programs fulfilling the requirements in multiple languages
from a bunch of coding competitions

It seems to me this could be used to drive AGI-ish program learning
via a multi-step process

1) Take something like 100 of the programs in the corpus and write
corresponding Atomese-2 code for them

2. Use ML to make a translator to Atomese-2, so that we then have
Atomese-2 code for all 4000 of the programs in the corpus

3. We then have a corpus we can use for automatic learning of various
sorts, e.g. learning mapping from NL descriptions of programs to
Atomese-2 code

For the automated learning in 3, part of the point is that because
it's Atomese-2 we have a full model of the semantics that we can
explicitly represent in the Atomspace graph, so we can take various
expanded (via Atomspace transformations) representations of a program
as input to ML algorithms

You could replace "Atomese 2" in the above with basically any pure
functional programming language whose semantics is fully modeled in
the knowledge base of whatever proto-AGI system you're working with...

-- ben

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

“He not busy being born is busy dying" -- Bob Dylan