Contribute to OpenCog

Bittu Kumar

Mar 11, 2015, 5:42:04 AM3/11/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am currently pursuing my btech degree in Computer science and Engineering from IIT Indore. I am very much interested in Artificial engineering and topics related to it e.g. Machine Learning, NLP etc. From the first time i was interested in Artificial intelligence, actually it was my dream (or say future goal) to make a complete software which behaves like our mind, which can think. So when i saw your project there was no chance that i would skip it.
I have implemented a handwriting recognizing machine using Machine learning, I have also made a game using SDL in C++. I also have work experience on JSP and Java, with a little bit of HTML. I assure you i will give 4-5 hours daily on this project and in May and June it will grow upto 7-8 hours.
I am currently going on with the materials you provided to Ankush jain and materials on your site. I am not able to decide to, on which part should i work, i will be gratefull to you if you could suggest me something, i will be awaiting for your response.

Ben Goertzel

Mar 11, 2015, 6:06:37 AM3/11/15
to OpenCog Summer of Code Announcements & Discussion List
Hi Bittu,

Two projects that I think are good, that no students have asked about
yet, are these two:

http://wiki.opencog.org/w/GSoC_2015_Project_Ideas#Concept_Creation_from_Predicates

(some interesting AI R&D, which would get you familiar with our
knowledge representation and reasoning engine)

http://wiki.opencog.org/w/GSoC_2015_Project_Ideas#Web_UI_for_OpenCog_NLP_pipeline

(more about making a user interface to some AI functionality, but
would let you touch a bunch of different parts of the AI system -- NL
comprehension, NL generation, reasoning)

thx ;)
ben
> --

Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one
progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw