No OpenCog GSoC this summer..

Ben Goertzel

Mar 18, 2010, 2:44:36 PM3/18/10
to opencog, OpenCog Summer of Code Announcements & Discussion List
Oops... it looks like we were not chosen for GSoC this time around

I'm rather surprised that we got demoted from having *so many*
students allocated to us, to having *none* ... especially since we had
a number of quite successful projects last summer!!

I'll see if I can find out more about the reasons; but I have no
reason to believe the decision can be changed ;( ...

Of course, OpenCog will continue toward superhuman AI and all that ...
but still, this is a bit of a disappointment...

-- Ben

Mar 18, 2010, 5:37:53 PM3/18/10
to openc...@googlegroups.com, opencog
It's a shame - we've had some promising students getting involved recently!

I hope they choose to continue working with us when and where they
can. Although if they are looking to join other organisations for
GSoC, then I also wish them best of luck with their applications.

Maybe next year...

Joel Pitt, PhD | http://ferrouswheel.me
OpenCog Developer | http://opencog.org
Board member, Humanity+ | http://humanityplus.org