Future of Croquet

David A Smith

Oct 3, 2019, 7:09:16 PM10/3/19
to Open Cobalt
Hi everyone,

I wasn't aware of this list until recently and thought it might be fun to drop in.

As you all might be aware, we are taking another pass at Croquet via the web. It is written in Javascript and is focused squarely on the live collaboration aspects of the system. The idea is that you use Teatime to make your web app collaborative. You can check it out by joining the Croquet Slack workspace here: https://croquet.studio

I am happy to answer any questions about what we are doing - or what we did in the past. I am extremely interested in your thoughts and ideas as well.

Cheers,

David

askoh

Jan 4, 2020, 4:42:16 PM1/4/20
to openc...@googlegroups.com
David:

Glad to see your efforts with Croquet.studio. My instinctive question is how
does Croquet compare with Second Life? How well will Croquet scale?

Happy New Year,
Aik-Siong Koh

--
Sent from: http://open-cobalt.423598.n3.nabble.com/

David Smith

Jan 5, 2020, 4:52:58 PM1/5/20
to openc...@googlegroups.com
The new version of Croquet is focused on replicated computation - basically "what you see is what I see", and "I see what you do as you do it". You can use the SDK to create multi-user web applications. You can access the SDK by signing up here: https://croquet.io.

Cheers!
David

David A. Smith

Twitter: @Croquet
Skype: inventthefuture

I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro'
Gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades
For ever and forever when I move.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Open Cobalt" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencobalt/1578174132966-0.post%40n3.nabble.com.