Is knowledge of linear algebra required for programming a 3-dimensional virtual world in Open Cobalt?

Benjamin L. Russell

Oct 13, 2015, 6:31:26 PM10/13/15
to Open Cobalt
As stated in the topic, is knowledge of linear algebra required for programming a 3-dimensional virtual world in Open Cobalt?  I am considering eventually developing a virtual world where users would be able to work, study, and play together online, and majored in computer science in college, but am very weak in linear algebra specifically, and am interested in knowing whether Open Cobalt would be a suitable alternative.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

Carlos Crosetti

Oct 13, 2015, 8:01:39 PM10/13/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Benjamin, no, Open Cobalt is built on top of OpenGL technology and also there is s Smalltalk framework already icludd to deal with 3D... Carlos

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM, 'Benjamin L. Russell' via Open Cobalt <openc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
As stated in the topic, is knowledge of linear algebra required for programming a 3-dimensional virtual world in Open Cobalt?  I am considering eventually developing a virtual world where users would be able to work, study, and play together online, and majored in computer science in college, but am very weak in linear algebra specifically, and am interested in knowing whether Open Cobalt would be a suitable alternative.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Open Cobalt" group.