Cloud User Roles discussion - http://groups.google.com/group/cloud-computing-use-cases
In order to define the roles and the respective responsibilities in
support of making the right decision to implement Cloud Computing it
may be best to identify the tasks to be completed.
Let’s identify the tasks and then fill in who should be part of
completing the task )NOTE: More than one area within the enterprise
may need to work together to provide the required information to
complete a task). Once we had identified the individuals, then we can
start filling in the responsibilities for that individual. Where an
individual shows up in more that one decision area, the activities in
that role can be added to expand the overall responsibilities.
Let’s start with who makes the decision to adopt Cloud Computing. In
otherwords, who is responsible for establishing the criteria for
ensuring the right decision is made?
- What are the business criteria for making the move?
- Who sets the criteria?
- Who is the core set of decision makers required to define the
decision process criteria, review the information provided and make
the decision to implement a Cloud Computing solution?
Once the business criteria has been set, there are supporting
activities to build the complete plan.
Here are some examples:
- Who defines the ROI criteria which is used to test each proposal to
ensure a positive return to the business?
- Who develops and manages the Service Level agreement against
expected service level?
- Who ensures that the resulting proposal addresses immediate, future
business requirements and also will create a competitive advantage for
- Who describes the requirements / implications for Business
Flexibility (i.e. Portability/Interoperability)?
- Who is responsible for setting the criteria for Date Privacy and
- Who is responsible for ensuring the transition to Cloud Computing
is transparent to the users?
- Who is responsible for setting the requirements / managing the
resources for the development / acquisition of the services?
- Who is responsible for the managing the procurement of any new
resources / assets?
- Who are the individuals needed to gather the information to make a
recommendation for either a Public or Private Cloud?
- Who is responsible to do an assessment on the reuse of existing
services and what is required to deploy those services into the Cloud?
- Other activities not listed here.
Look forward to your comments.