Game controller

Simon Jackson

Sep 26, 2012, 10:25:19 PM9/26/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
I've got a raspberry pi, and so have not been playing chronos source of late. I intend to in future to make a driving accelerometer controller for the open gl game I've just started. OpeGL gave me some problems with the Jolicloud distro I was using, and so I've gone mint maya. just setting it up to get back to learning openGL using the JOGL Java module, and then after the game works sufficiently, I'll add other input controllers. Just thought I'd give you an update.

peter

Oct 29, 2012, 1:27:21 PM10/29/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Simon,

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:25:19 AM UTC+3, Simon Jackson wrote:
I've got a raspberry pi, and so have not been playing chronos source of late. I intend to in future to make a driving accelerometer controller for the open gl game I've just started. OpeGL gave me some problems with the Jolicloud distro I was using, and so I've gone mint maya. just setting it up to get back to learning openGL using the JOGL Java module, and then after the game works sufficiently, I'll add other input controllers. Just thought I'd give you an update.

this is exactly what I intend to try to achieve next. chronos  would provide accelerometer data and the PC would recognize gestures and feed them into 'Mount & Blade'. because that game has at least 5 different directional attack swings and a few different blocks. I found this impossible to play on a keyboard/mouse. maybe the chronos would help :)

cheers,
peter