simple ADC example

Carson Reynolds

Feb 6, 2013, 5:05:29 AM2/6/13
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Hello all. I'm trying to get started with modifying openchronos to suit my needs. As a platform I'm using is ubuntu 12.10. Today I've gotten as far as:

* installing the build chain
sudo apt-get install gcc-msp430 libusb-dev
* Downloading mspdebug from: http://mspdebug.sourceforge.net/download.html
# do make and then sudo make install
* Downloading openchronos from: http://gitorious.org/openchronos
** make config
** make
** sudo mspdebug rf2500 'prog build/eZChronos.txt'

When I plug in the watch the display lights up and when I push the buttons I can see example text "4:30 Sat 1"

So now comes the difficult part. I'd like to read an analog signal from the USB header and maybe change the display to reflect the reading. I can see the main run loop in ezchronos.c but I am a bit at a loss about how to read from the USB header. Any suggestions or pointers are welcome.

Cheers,

-carson-