AM/PM, Battery Monitor patch submission?

Matthew Excell

Jul 5, 2012, 1:46:27 PM7/5/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
I have hacked a little on the ng source yesterday and have AM/PM functionality for clock, a battery monitor driver, and a couple of battery display modules. I also have a good start on temp monitoring and temp display - as well as  a couple of other items that I wanted to discuss.

I am cleaning up a couple of patches against trunk for the AM/PM and battery items. I would like to submit those for comments and possible inclusion. (This is only a tiny start. I am working on an important personal project using this platform and I'm porting these interesting pieces to get a handle on the ng framework for that reason.)

Is this the correct forum for this? Has anybody else done any work that might overlap this? (I would like to know who so we might join forces.)

Angelo Arrifano

Jul 5, 2012, 4:04:37 PM7/5/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Matthew Excell <ma...@excellclan.com> wrote:
> I have hacked a little on the ng source yesterday and have AM/PM
> functionality for clock, a battery monitor driver, and a couple of battery
> display modules. I also have a good start on temp monitoring and temp
> display - as well as a couple of other items that I wanted to discuss.
>
> I am cleaning up a couple of patches against trunk for the AM/PM and battery
> items. I would like to submit those for comments and possible inclusion.

That is great :) No work has been done on that functionality so far so
your patches will be more than welcome. No avoid flooding this list
(which is not only about openchronos-ng) you can submit them to the
openchronos-ng mailing list at sourceforge.net.

> (This is only a tiny start. I am working on an important personal project
> using this platform and I'm porting these interesting pieces to get a handle
> on the ng framework for that reason.)
>
> Is this the correct forum for this? Has anybody else done any work that
> might overlap this? (I would like to know who so we might join forces.)

Not really. The ng team is kind of understaffed so your help is
appreciated. Let's have a look to those patches first and then we will
see : )

Thanks!
- Angelo