[Openchronos-ng-general] barometer / altimeter / variometer flight instrument modul

Paolo Di Prodi

Jul 12, 2012, 3:53:18 AM7/12/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com

I was planning to do it but still debugging the accelerometer. Fixing the vti driver is a matter of replacing the delay call function and some type conversions. The hard work is altitude.c and vario.c that need to be converted in modules. yes the old low pass filtered altitude never worked. I will assist you in the process if you like.
Regards.

On Jul 11, 2012 11:32 PM, "David" <david...@atlas.cz> wrote:
Dear developers,
I am interrested to continue with the vario code for this nice
wristwatch. I know that it was somewhat working in the old openchronos
project which is now probably dormant.

I have an idea how to improve the function of the variometer, by
configuring the pressure sensor for more frequent data acquizition. Then
the code would implement some simple filtering to get rid of noisy
readings, which spoiled the function of the old variometer
implementation.

Since I am pilot of  a hang glider, I would like to use it for myself to
test it in real condition.

I have a questions:
Is the code functional on the hardware, or it is not that far yet?
Does the library to access the pressure sensor functional?

Thank you in advance for replies.

David

Dr. Paolo Di Prodi

Paolo Di Prodi

Jul 12, 2012, 6:48:36 AM7/12/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Sure I can fix the driver and send you the patch to begin working if you can wait my return from holiday.

On Jul 12, 2012 11:43 AM, "David Rais" <david...@atlas.cz> wrote:
Dear Paolo,
I appreciate support from you. Is it possible now to upload the firmware and test it in the watch? Or it is yet not time for that?
David

On 12.7.2012 9:11, Paolo Di Prodi wrote:

I was planning to do it but still debugging the accelerometer. Fixing the vti driver is a matter of replacing the delay call function and some type conversions. The hard work is altitude.c and vario.c that need to be converted in modules. yes the old low pass filtered altitude never worked. I will assist you in the process if you like.
Regards.

rhh

Sep 26, 2012, 9:49:55 AM9/26/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
BTW is there any work on the vario-stuff going on at the moment? I could use a working vario (paragliding:-), but I could also put some effords in porting the existing code. (Just don't want to do double-work...)

Regards - Robert

Angelo Arrifano

Sep 26, 2012, 10:15:11 AM9/26/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The work going on pressure etc.. was already merged into the
openchronos-ng / testing branch. Feel free to pick up the code and
continue!

Regards,
Angelo
--
Angelo Arrifano AKA MiKNiX
Doctorate at the I3S Laboratory / CNRS - France

rhh

Sep 26, 2012, 2:19:17 PM9/26/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are you talking about the vario.* and altitude.* files in the logic-directory? I thought this was the old code from the "first generation" project; whereas the active code was in the module-directory. Did I get something wrong? Or are you talking about some fork?

Cheers - Robert

Angelo Arrifano

Sep 26, 2012, 5:48:05 PM9/26/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 8:19 PM, rhh <rhh.p...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are you talking about the vario.* and altitude.* files in the
> logic-directory? I thought this was the old code from the "first generation"
> project; whereas the active code was in the module-directory. Did I get
> something wrong? Or are you talking about some fork?

You are absolutely correct, I was making confusion with the
accelerometer module which was already ported.
Given that, feel free to port the vario from logic into the modules dir :)

PS: Do that in the testing branch to take advantage of the new API.
The API in master is old and will be updated soon as we get the
testing branch somehow stable.

PS: PS: Thanks for your work in the lap module. I'm going to merge it
right away.

Regards,
Angelo