NG Is there a purpose for the 1Hz?

Simon Jackson

Jun 15, 2012, 12:02:53 AM6/15/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Surely the SECOND message bus event off the RTC works for this. The 10Hz has purpose for stopwatches and other things, considering key bounce syncing this.

Discuss...

Paolo Di Prodi

Jun 17, 2012, 9:25:25 AM6/17/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm I think is useful for sampling slow data like the altitude or even the accelerometer.

--
Dr. Paolo Di Prodi

Simon Jackson

Jun 17, 2012, 6:09:58 PM6/17/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
There is a seconds from the rtc? Nope, but the code is suitable for modification. the question then becomes is it worth testing once every 20hz for the second tick, or just every rtc interrupt second?

Simon Jackson

Jun 18, 2012, 8:58:26 AM6/18/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
I've modified rtca.c and some of the headers in the jackolc branch. timer.c may not merge as it has many other updates in.